Inspire Church has throughout January 2019 consistently attracted many people each week, many of whom are returning, and many first-time visitors each week. They meet in Hoover Hall on the Palm West Church campus. The Worship Service is held each Saturday at 4:00 PM. They are adding Grow Groups for fellowship and growth in the Christian faith. The style they promote is Casual, Contemporary and Biblical. It is a great place to recommend to others.
Background of Church Planting at Palm West
In 2013 our church celebrated our twentieth anniversary (from our first worship service in 1993). We are the result of another church catching the vision to plant. That church appointed leaders who devoted time to pray, plan, and take various steps in a deliberate pace. They considered where (a general location of need), when (a date to begin), who (a specific group out of the host church), and how it would begin (pastoral leadership, core of people from the local community, and the finances). Ever since that beginning, our church leaders have desired that eventually we too would be able to plant another congregation.
Planting a church today is a greater challenge than it was twenty-five years ago. We are applying the wisdom of others who have gone before us as well as those who are planting churches in all kinds of communities today. That is why we are bathing each step in prayer, planning, and networking with organizations that can help us.
- + A Discovery Team spends five months (January – May 2015) determining if, when and where a Church might be needed.
- + A second Discovery Team began in September, spent five weeks determining the details and pastoral team.
- + Church approved the recommendation to start a church in NW Peoria to include two pastors, one lead pastor, one worship and music pastor.
- + January 17 we introduced the planters to the congregation – throughout that week they met with individuals considering the launch team.
- + They have enlisted several intercessory prayer partners who take prayer seriously to pray often and fervently
- + February and March both pastors found homes in our area and moved in.
- + There are now several funding sources for this new church. Palm West committed budget and special offerings.
- + October 23 we held a special service of commitment to launch Vistancia Community Church with several of the Palm West congregation committing their service to the new church.
- + Began holding weekly launch team worship and training
- + Held monthly preview worship services at Zuni Hills Elementary School (January through August)
- + Sending out invitations, making contacts with local residents
- + Began weekly worship at Zuni Hills Elementary School (9/10/17)
- + Launch Sunday was held October 22, 2017
- January 2018
- + Inspire Church began holding Worship on Saturdays at 4:00 PM in Hoover Hall of Palm West Community Church.
- + The church has had first time visitors every week and continues to grow.
- February 2019
- + Inspire Church holds worship at 4 PM at the Sun City West Foundation, located at 14465 RH Johnson Blvd; Sun City West, AZ 85375
We are reminded of the words of Luke in Acts 16:5 “that when the gospel of Jesus Christ is presented then: “The churches are strengthened in the faith and grew daily in numbers.”