Missions Across the Street and Across the World
Reaching Our World for Christ
Our Missions Team is concerned for those who do not know Jesus Christ, whether they live across the street or across the world. We meet monthly to consider how to share the Gospel, to pray for those who do not know Him, and to decide how to promote the Good News.
INVOLVED IN LOCAL MISSIONS
+ We regularly invite missionaries and mission organizations to speak to us about their ministry from local to worldwide.
+ Each March we produce over 1000 gift bags for children and women to be distributed to The Phoenix Rescue Mission, Phoenix Dream Center and Neighborhood Ministries of Phoenix. (See more here)
+ We held a special day of encouragement at the Phoenix Dream Center, presenting gifts to the women in the program
+ In 2018 we held a walk for water with a 6K walk in Sun City West, with over 50 participating.
+ Each November we produce over 850 shoebox sized boxes for the Samaritans Purse SChrist4mas Child project. (See more here)
+ Each December we support almost 1000 pairs of socks donated to Phoenix Dream Center and the New Life Center of Phoenix
+ We annually lift of a local organization that serves our community, invite them to a program, a picnic and donate to their efforts
+ We regularly sponsor seminars for local residents on issues of health, protecting ourselves from fraud, and more.
+ Our Griefshare invites local residents experiencing the loss of a loved one. (See more here)
SUPPORTING LOCAL & GLOBAL MISSIONS
We also take seriously the need to financially support missions. Our church has a policy that 12% of all General Fund giving automatically is placed into the Missions budget. The Missions Team has set up the various organizations and missionaries that we support, as approved by the congregation.
If at the end of the calendar year there is a General Fund surplus for that year, then an additional percent is directed toward Missions. Special Missions designated offerings by our members and donors is also available (subject to IRS regulations).
We take Annual Mission Offerings:
- World Missions (October)
- Transformation Ministries (Winter)
- Emergency Relief Fund (Spring or at times of crisis)\
Approved List for Offering Designations
This list is our approved support list of recognized and approved ministries individuals may donate to through their regular offerings.
- Zion Evangelical Ministries Africa: Emanuelsons
- Gayle Lyn Kliever Student Fund
- Specific International Ministries Missionaries
- Samaritans Purse (Shoebox Ministry)
- World Vision International
- Operation Mobilization
- International Teams
- Rainbow Acres Adopt-A-Rancher
Our Mission Budget Designations
You will find additional information about these various ministries in our Mission Webpages by clicking the location title below:
Local and Statewide:
- Indian Ministries: support churches in
Camp Verde, Clarkdale, Polacca, and Kykotsmovi, and Camp Verde
- Rainbow Acres, Camp Verde
- Tonto Rim Christian Camp, Payson
- Gospel 4 Kids, Surprise, AZ;
- Valley View Community Food Bank
- Transformation Ministries,
- Village Missions,
- United Indian Missions Aviation,
- Friends of Israel (Pat Neff)
- International Ministries: Nzunga (Haiti); Kalkman (Europe); Mann (Matt and Lori) – Thailand); Mann (Mike & Becky, Thailand, Laos); Carrion-Joseph (Mexico); Bethell (Responding to Human Trafficking);
- Baptist World Alliance
- Emanuelson (So. Africa)
- Reach Beyond
- Voice of the Martyrs
- Missionary Aviation Fellowship (MAF)