- Worship gatherings at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (November through April). The Sunday morning Bible Class meets at 9:00 a.m. in the Hoover Hall Classroom. The worship gathering from May through October begins at 10:00 a.m.
- 6:00 pm – Evening Program
- (Modern Worship every 4th Sunday of the month – September through May)
- Men’s Bible Study – Monday mornings at 8:00 am in Hoover Hall classroom
- Griefshare – Tuesday mornings for 13 weeks, held twice a year
- Women’s Bible Study – Thursday mornings at 9:30 am in Hoover Hall classroom
- We host Community Bible Study – Wednesday mornings from September through April
- Wednesday Fellowship Night – Supper and program held on the third Wednesday of every month
- Wednesday Prayer Gathering – 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (excluding Fellowship Night)
- Small Groups – various times and locations
Communion and Baptism
Lord’s Supper – Communion
We celebrate the Lord’s Supper once a month in the morning gathering for worship on the first Sunday of the month and also monthly in an evening gathering. The elements of bread and cup of juice are distributed to all Christians who are present, whether they are members of Palm West or not. Non-alcoholic grape juice is used. Gluten-free wafers are available. Select Bible passages about Communion: Matthew 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:17-20; 1 Corinthians 10:20-26
We practice “believers” baptism and encourage all new believers to testify to their identification with the work of Christ who was dead, buried and rose again. We believe the best way to proclaim Christ’s atonement is by immersing the entire person in water. This is the meaning of the word baptism. Select Bible passages about baptism: Matthew 28:19-20; Romans 6:3-10; Acts 2:37-41
About Our Worship
Our gatherings for worship are times of adoring and praising God, reading scripture, prayer, Biblical preaching, exhortation, and personal growth with a view to transforming lives into the image of Christ. We also have a passion to reach people who are without eternal hope and to show compassion to those around us who are hurting.
Our Sunday gathering for worship is best described as bright traditional – composed of classic and gospel hymns with contemporary choruses accompanied by organ, piano and electronic keyboard. Our choir sings from September through May, our handbell choir plays once a month October through April. We celebrate the Lord’s Supper at least once a month. Read the story about the stained glass art.
Making the Message Clear
Our media team makes sure that the sound reinforcement and video projection are optimum for all attendees and provides CD recordings of the message. Personal wireless hearing-assistance receivers with comfortable earphones are available from any usher.