New Horizons is about entering a time in life
for new discoveries and expansion
of dreams we held for years
and have not yet become a reality.
THIS New Horizons MINISTRY WILL GROW ONLY THROUGH THE DISCERNMENT and PRAYER OF THE ENTIRE CONGREGATION OF Palm West Community Church.
New Horizons exists to activate, develop and apply God’s new life for those in the second half of life. Through small groups, social events, our monthly Gathering and much more, you’ll find resources and encouragement on your continued journey.
Our Church demographic are changing: According to our church database, our church now has 75 people (members or regular attenders) who are part of the Baby Boomer generation. And this number will only increase.
- Connect: for fun and fellowship
- Grow: to learn and mentor
- Care: to touch and help
- Service: to invest and reach out
Opportunities and Events:
Reading Suggestions List:
- Finishing Well by Bob Buford, The Adventure of Life beyond Mid-life. Learn the art of finishing well so you can shift into a far more fulfilling life now, no matter your age, and pursue a lasting significance that will be a legacy for future generations. 2004
- Prime Time: How Baby Boomers Will Revolutionize Retirement and Transform America, Marc Freedman, Public Affairs Books, 1999
- With Purpose: Going from Success to Significance in Work and Life. Ken Dychtwald, PhD., Collins Living. 2009
- Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life. by James Hollis, PhD., Gotham Books, 2005
- Start Strong Finish Strong, by Kenneth Cooper and Tyler Cooper, a healthy heart, strong bones, and a quick mind, 2008
- Younger Next Year: Live Strong, Fit and Sexy, Until You’re 80 and Beyond, by Chris Crowley, 2007
- Aging Successfully Today: Books, articles and more on the second half of life, produced by Dr. David Gallagher, Pastor Emeritus and Associate Pastor of Palm West Community Church